Department of Public Safety
Emergencies, dial 911, then call Public Safety at 310/506-4441 if safe to do so.
To Report an Emergency
On all domestic University, campuses call 911.
Then please call the Department of Public Safety at 310.506.4441.
For non-emergencies call 310.506.4442.
You can also connect to 911 & the Public Safety Department using the LiveSafe App available at the Apple App Store & Google Play. Using the LiveSafe App allows Public Safety to accurately locate you during an emergency.
Pepperdine Emergency Information - Blog
Pepperdine's Toll-Free Emergency Hotline: 888.286.5659.
The recorded message is updated regularly during critical campus-wide emergencies.
For questions related to this service call Integrated Marketing and Communications at 818.702.1400.
Public Safety Administrative Services
For your convenience, the following administrative services are available to you remotely, wherever you are, without having to come into the office. Please use the contact information below if you have any questions or a need not represented below:
- If you are regularly coming onto campus and need a parking permit, you can start the vehicle registration process online by filling out this form.
- Parking permits are sent via intercampus mail. A temporary permit will be sent in the confirmation email.
- Due to COVID-19, access to campus has been restricted to essential students, faculty, staff, designated vendors, and invited guests. Campus hosts can view the restriction policy here and submit a Guest Registration Form in order to arrange access for a guest's arrival.
- Students may not have guests except related to move in/out. Students with extenuating circumstances should email Dawn Emrich at email@example.com. Please allow at least 72 hours for processing.
- Emergency requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours prior to the desired visit and will be reviewed by the Office of Emergency Services. If necessary call the Department of Public Safety's non-emergency line at 310.506.4442.
Direct Contacts for Non-Emergency Services
- Parking Inquiries: email@example.com
- Guest Access (non-exceptions): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guest Access (exceptions): email@example.com or 310.506.4442 for urgent requests
- All other non-emergency office inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Non-emergency patrol-related inquiries: email@example.com
Coming Onto Campus during the pandemic
Pepperdine University has implemented a Face Covering/Social Distancing policy to ensure everyone's health and safety. When coming onto campus, booth officers will ask screening questions regarding any COVID-related symptoms and will confirm that everyone coming onto campus has a face mask.
Road Conditions Hotline
Information about current road conditions is available on the Road Condition Hotline at 310.506.ROAD (7623). Road information for the Greater Los Angeles area can be found at SigAlert.com.
Anonymous Wave Tip Line
To anonymously report information to the Department of Public Safety, please call the Anonymous Wave Tip Line 310.506.7634.
- 2020-2021 Vehicle registration procedures
- On-line special guest parking reservation form
- Fire, Life, Safety request form
The Department of Public Safety is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and secure environment while respecting the rights and dignity of individuals utilizing the programs and facilities of Pepperdine University. This mission shall be accomplished within the constraints of federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Public Safety is located on the first floor of the Center for Communication and Business building, below the Seaver Drive / President's Drive intersection. Campus entrance booths are staffed seven days per week: 24 hours per day at the Seaver Drive entrance; and from 6:30 AM to 10:30 PM at the John Tyler Drive entrance.
Car Sharing - Zipcar
In addition to the frequent on-campus & Malibu Shopping shuttles six days each week, Pepperdine offers a car-sharing program to members of its community with ZipCar. Car sharing allows members, at least 18 years old, and environmentally friendly, economical alternative to bringing a car to campus. Visit the ZipCar website for step-by-step instructions to reserve a ZipCar.
ZipCars will return to campus Fall 2021.